(multimedia) DARPA’s Autonomous Robotic Manipulation (ARM) program is developing software to perform human-level tasks quickly and with minimal direction. This video shows the ARM robot performing 18 grasping and manipulation tasks using vision, force, and tactile sensing with full autonomy — no active human control. The DARPA-supplied robot was built using commercial components that include an arm, hand, neck, and head sensors. During rigorous testing in November 2011, the best team achieved 93% success in grasping modeled and unmodeled objects. The ARM program has entered its second phase, where focus turns to complex bimanual manipulation scenarios.
- Obama signs act to protect LGBT federal contractors
- Oren: Hamas media strategy relies on deaths of civilians
- Smoking gun? Intercepted calls point finger at Russian separatists in jet downing
- Israel launches ground operation in Gaza Strip
- Ukraine conflict: Russia accused of shooting down jet
- Dr. Ben Carson sounds off on crises facing America
- Sen. Ted Cruz: Faith Fines Have No Business in Our Democracy
- ‘Hamas doesn’t care about protecting Palestinians, only about destroying Israel’ – MFA spokesperson
- Jewish Groups Begin To Rise Up In The Face Of Increasing Antisemitism
- IDF resumes strikes in Gaza after Hamas rejects ceasefire, launches dozens of rockets
- Divided they stand? Billionaire in push to carve up California into six states
- Attack On Paris Synagogue: Death To The Jews!
- Ebola outbreak in West Africa now the largest on record
- Ukraine says Russian army officers fighting with rebels
- Israel military says it has shot down drone along southern coastline